I always believed I was special, meaning: better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual. I really thought someday I would invent something really cool, be discovered for something while walking through the mall or discover some sort of hidden talent. It’s okay to let out a big belly laugh right nowJ Basically, I thought it was in the cards for me to become rich and famous. This is true. I really thought someday something would fall into my lap that would cause me to be able to coast through life. It’s kind of funny I felt this way because generally I am a shy person who needs a little persuading to get moving. I am NOT athletic, although I have always tried to be. I’m NOT theatrical; however, I was the lead in my senior play…we can all laugh about that! I am not a leader, or one who stands up to declare their opinions and who needs control over situations. I need time to process and think through something before giving my opinion or thoughts on a topic. I get nervous when doing ANYTHING, especially when I feel like I am going to fail. I tend to be the kind of person who looks up the word gullible in the dictionary to see if my picture really is there. Don’t all of these attributes make you think…of course she was destine to be famous!!! I mean really, what was I thinking? However, as I mature and grow I think I have finally discovered my “specialness”. I am a writer! I am good at it. I wake up thinking about it. I enjoy it. Now, am I going to be the next Shakespeare, Dickens or Twain? Not so much! However, I will write for an audience and hope to appeal to that audience, whoever that audience may beJ I’ve come to realize God blessed me with the talent He wanted me to have, the one he knew I could best use for His good. I teach children to write and hope to inspire them to have the same love for writing I have. I write in this blog, which I can only hope helps someone with the struggles they may be dealing with that parallel mine. I write because God gave me the ability to use words in a way that glorify Him.
Thank you God for making me so very special in your eyes!
Oh my friend. You are my special friend ... the one who opened her arms to a stranger from Michigan some 4ish years ago. I hope you know that you're gifted with the ability to accept, love, and create a sense of peace by simply embracing them with your smile. Everyone who meets you instantly loves you ... you captivate people! I would say God provided you with more talents than you know. Love you friendy friend!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Stop making me cry with your posts! :)
Vikki
It worries me how much alike we are. The first night we met we bonded over our shared love of sarcasm. We share a need to always further explore our spirituality. We're both very fond of Chad. We both LOVE to write though we're very inconsistent with the frequency in which we write. And I too have always thought I am destined for greatness. Excellent blog, as always.
ReplyDelete