Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just like her mother...

People always say you end up looking like your dog. Well not only do I tend to resemble my dog Daisy May (especially when she hasn't been groomed in awhile and she goes by the nickname Shags), but I act like her too...or should I say she acts like me? I mean you tend to eventually find yourself saying, "I am just like my mother!" I think someday Daisy is going to have that realization too!
She is impatient! She always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and struggles with worry. When we put her outside she will quickly run to do her business and then make a mad dash back to the door. She puts her paws up on the edge of the door and peers in looking and begging for someone to let her in. She is so worried she is going to miss out on what is going on inside the house that she CAN NOT relax and enjoy the beautiful outdoors with her buddy Drake.
Sounds familiar to me!

She demands attention and loves to be pampered. Daisy will typically come up to you when you are sitting on the couch and shove her way into your business. She wants herself to be known. She will walk right up to you, lick you on a part of your face you do not want licked and then flip over and demand a belly rub. She doesn't care if you are busy having a conversation, if you are busy working on the computer or if you are drinking your morning coffee. She wants what she wants when she wants it. She is a princess!
Sounds even more familiar to me!
She loves her daddy! She is always all over him. She loves to kiss him, lay on him and follow him around. When he is gone she will position herself in a place where she can see and hear all possible clues of her daddy coming home. She can't stand being in the house without him. She will then wait and wait and wait until she hears his car pulling into the driveway. When he has to leave for a work trip she pouts. She is just not herself without him.  She sleeps right next to him at night. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and find her sleeping on top of his pillow right above his head. Most mornings Chad will wake up and say, "Daisy was all over me last night. She almost pushed my off the bed." She simply can't get enough of him!
Sounds familiar!
She is very cold natured and loves to sit by the fire. The fire could be blazing and you will still find Daisy right up against it, relaxing and enjoying its warmth.
Sounds familiar!

I guess the poor things is doomed to be just like her mother!

1 comment: