Friday, June 8, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen Heaven IS for real and so is Hell!

Sometimes God has to hit the repeat button to get me to pay attention. I don't always get it the first time. Lately, God has made himself clear that He wants me to be thinking about bigger and better things and focusing on what's really important. Last year I read a book called Heaven is for Real. This book rocked my world! It focused me. It changed my perspective. It caused me to be that annoying girl who can't stop telling people, "You HAVE to read this book!" Then the other day I was listening to the radio on my way to work and the song Where I Belong by Building 429 came on, and I was awakened, yet again, to the reality of my final destination, my final home. Earth is not where I will spend the rest of my 'life'. I have bigger and better plans than that. My one way ticket has the word Heaven printed on it and I sure am grateful for that! Heaven and all of its glory has been a huge focus for me lately. The word just keeps popping up. The though of it is fascinating, alluring and just plain old desirable! I'm going to be really honest and say this wasn't always the case for me. I always knew I wanted to go to Heaven, I mean the other option is less than desirable, but Heaven didn't entice me. It didn't seem all that much fun. I mean I love clouds and cherish my God, but it still scared me to think the end would involve me sitting amongst the clouds, playing a harp and just hanging out. I guess I've watched too much TV and haven't read enough of the bible because ladies and gentlemen this place we call Heaven isn't what you see on Care Bears!! A few Sundays ago we discussed Heaven and it's many accommodations. This place is spectacular! It's nothing like I envisioned! And guess what???? Each and every one of you has the chance to make it your home! I urge you to read Revelation 21-22. It talks about the new Heaven and the new Earth because in case you didn't know, when our Savior returns it will ALL be made new again for US!!!! We are going to experience Earth like we've never seen it before! Romans 10:9-10 says "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." When life here on Earth gets overwhelming and you feel discouraged just remember, this is not where you belong. The loving arms of Jesus are waiting to welcome you home!

1 comment: