Sunday, April 22, 2012

Who's your author?

God blessed us with yet another miracle. I'm pregnant! That is something I never thought I would be able to say. Over a year ago I grieved the possibility of it and moved past the need for it. I accepted that my path to motherhood was going to be different, unique and not what I had originally planned. Then God published the next chapter in my story. God answered my prayers. He let me know that he had listened. However, He showed me that everything He does is in His PERFECT timing, and for that I am so thankful. If God had answered my prayers when I wanted Him to, Reid would not be my son. I would not be the mother to the most perfect child a parent could ever dream of. I would not have experienced a miracle. I would not have learned what grace means. I would not have learned to find joy in my suffering. I would not have drawn closer to my savior. I would not know what faith means. I would not be where I am today. If I had given in to my fears, my bitterness, my wants and my frustrations Reid would not be in my life. I can't bear the thought of that possibility. I'm here to tell you God has a story for each and every one of us. He wants to tell it. He wants to watch it unfold. He wants to bless us. He wants to provide for us. He wants to answer our prayers. However, we don't always let Him be the author. We want to write our own story, we want to be in control as the pen glides over the paper. Let God tell your story! Hand the pen over to Him. If you do miracles will happen! Prayers will be answered! Blessings will pour down on you! I pray that I will be reminded of this daily.... Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:6, 7, 10-13 NIV)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are such an inspiration! I'm so very happy for your growing family! God is good and I'm working on Him being my author! Enjoyed reading this post like all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I look at Isaac I now think the same thing about our infertility struggle!

    ReplyDelete